Welcome to Pine Tree Fine Arts
The Fine Arts Department of PTISD proudly presents performing and visual arts. Students who attend Pine Tree ISD are afforded many opportunities to explore and refine their talents in the areas of visual arts, band, choir, dance, and theatre. The fine arts groups at Pine Tree have a continued tradition of high achievement in UIL activities and have received top awards across the State of Texas.
Join the Band
The Pine Tree Middle School Band will have an Instrument Selection Night on Tuesday May 2 for all fifth graders (incoming sixth graders) that are interested in joining Beginner Band next school year. Parents and students are invited to come to the Middle School Cafeteria between 4:30 and 8:00 PM to try out different band instruments and to meet the Beginner Band instructors. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about our PT Band Program. Please contact Mrs. Sims with questions about this event. Hope to see you there!
Come Support the Arts!
- May 8 – Middle School Band Concert, 6:30 PM, Pine Tree Road Auditorium
- May 9 – Junior High Band Concert, 6:30 PM, Pine Tree Road Auditorium
- May 11 – High School Band Concert, 6:30 PM, Pine Tree Road Auditorium, *Special appearance by PT Express Choir
- May 13 – High School Choir Pop Show, 7:00 PM, HS Theater, *Special accompaniments by PT Jazz Band
- May 15 – Jazz Band to play at Region 7 - AM
- May 15 – High School Jazz Band Concert, 6:30 PM, HS Theater
- May 16 – Parkway Elementary Art Show, 5:00 PM, Parkway Campus
- May 16 – Junior High Choir Pop Show, 6:30 PM, Pine Tree Road Auditorium
- May 16 – Jazz Band to play for Law Enforcement Banquet at Maude Cobb
- May 18 – High School Choir Awards Night
- May 23 – Birch 4th Grade Music presents “Making the Band” music program, 6:30 PM, Pine Tree Road Auditorium
- May 27-28 – High School Band and Choir students travel to Texas State Solo & Ensemble contest in Austin, TX
Director of Fine Arts
Mark Melton has completed his 31st year of teaching, with this being his fifth year at Pine Tree ISD in Longview, Texas. He previously taught at Spring Hill (Longview), Lufkin Jr. High East and Union Grove (Gladewater) schools. Under his direction, the Union Grove High School Band earned twenty consecutive UIL Sweepstakes awards and four Texas Music Educator’s Association Honor Band Finalist awards. His Union Grove bands also had three UIL State Marching Contest appearances, as well as numerous Best in Class awards. In his fourth year at Pine Tree, Mr. Melton has had first division rating from all judges at UIL regional contests, resulting in three consecutive UIL Sweepstakes awards and first division ratings from all judges at UIL Marching Contest this year. In addition, numerous Pine Tree band students have advanced to state level instrumental music awards. He was named Director of Fine Arts in 2013. Mr. Melton graduated from Kilgore High School and Stephen F. Austin State University. He is married to Lyric Lyon Melton and has three children: Steven, Philip and Katie, and three grandchildren. Mark Melton enjoys golf, shooting sports, running, snow skiing and cooking. He is a longtime member of ATSSB, TMEA, TMAA, NAMMB and TBA and was inducted into Phi Beta Mu in 2008.